12.11.11

Doughnut pudding

I am so not a bread and butter pudding fan.  Soggy bread makes me gag.  When my ten month old sucks on a piece of her sandwich and spits it down her front, I quickly pinch it up with a Kleenex and then spend the next two minutes trying not to dry-reach.  Truth be told, I would rather change a poo-bum than clean up soggy bread.

But I found out I can cope with soggy doughnuts.  And how did I discover this amazing piece of information about myself?  I found this recipe, which replaces bread and butter with doughnuts and jam.  Excellent idea!!  That Lorraine is a genius!!  But, you ask, is it good??  Ummm, hell yeah!

And dead easy, too.  You get yourself a dozen cinnamon doughnuts, slice them across, slather them with jam, slap them back together sandwich style and pop them in a greased casserole dish.


Then make up a custard, pour it over your doughnuts and bake it in a moderate oven for about an hour.


Dust it with icing sugar while still warm, and serve it up with ice cream.  Do try your best not to have a coronary at the dinner table.


The sugar on the doughnuts caramelises and goes all chewy.  I know mine sort of looks over-baked in places, but  those were the best bits!   Trust me!

*Just a quick edit to say it is awesome cold, too.  Just so you know.

1 comment:

  1. Looks awesome Lainie and very deadly!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...