12.9.14

Missing autumn.


At about this time last year, I made Sophie a cotton dress in autumn tones.  Well, here I am, at it again.  I think I have a bit of problem accepting that warmer months are coming, and have an intrinsic pining for a never-ending autumn.

Since recently making up the deer doll, I'm currently obsessing over the colour combination of rust and grey.  Needless to say, when I found the floral fabric I used for the top, I just about flipped my lid.  I know - how exciting! I quite think that, without a doubt, I am probably the biggest, boring-est sewing nerd that ever was.

But, don't they look good together?


As usual, Sophie was less than co-operative when it came to modelling her new outfit...





This kid just cannot keep still unless she is sleeping (and even then, only about twenty percent of the time).


I love this type of sewing - light fabrics, simple patterns, quick and effortless construction. In my opinion, it really is the very *best* thing about the hotter months.

Yep - biggest, boring-est sewing nerd ever.  That's me.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't she the cutest! and I'm with you on autumn tones all the time. Love the outfit!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...