30.9.13

A sort of Spring dress.


Spring has sprung in all of it's bipolar-type glory in this part of the world.  Beautifully warm and friendly one day, cold and wet the next, and more than occasionally getting extremely moody.  I recall last year driving home from work late at night during the last wild storm for the season;  all I remember was lightning blinding me through the windscreen, failing brakes from the flooded roads and the sound of my own screams all the way home.  Yes, spring is just lovely.

I made this dress for Sophie in a floral cotton, which consists of more autumn-ish colours than spring-time shades, but as the weather is still iffy, she will more than likely wear it with tights and a cardigan for the time being.



I think I will shorten the bib next time, because it strained a bit over Sophie's fat little tummy.  I had to hoik the straps up quite a way in order for it to look flattering.  The straps attach inside the back elastic band with buttons to help with dressing.  Because we need all the help we can get when it comes to dressing Sophie.



But, I don't know.  Every time I try florals with this kid, something just doesn't seem right.  Every day, she seems to get a little bit rougher and a little bit ruder, and girling her up too much seems to rub against the grain.


Still, that doesn't mean I won't continue to try.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing interesting and all items are incredible blog is really helpful for always love to read your message and we hope to come next and then there are also positive article.
    voyance gratuite par mail rapide

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...