13.5.13

Clowning about

I had just enough black linen to make this smock.  I'm managing (albeit, slowly) to get rid of some of the fabric remnants that have been hanging around in bags scattered over my sewing room floor.  I'm beginning to see the carpet again - hooray!

The pom poms are not permanent fixtures, but just a couple of quickies I made that have brooch pins on the back.  I went to see Cirque du Soleil's production of Ovo on Saturday.  Wow, what a brilliant show that was!  So, it really seemed a bit boring to come home and photograph a plain black smock after having my brain burning with all that colour!   So I thought I'd have a bit of fun and play dress-ups with it.

 

 But as fun as that looks, Sophie would have those pom poms ripped out and stuffed in her mouth within a minute, so the de-clowned version is probably a safer bet for everyday wear.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...